Master of Arts in Transformational Psychology
The curriculum for the Master of Arts in Transformational Psychology integrates trans-egoic and transformational perspectives in modern western psychology with the understanding and practices of personal human transformation as described in the world’s great spiritual and mystical traditions.
FacultyThe faculty for Transformational Psychology represent internationally renowned teachers and experts in the theory and practice of ancient and modern transformational disciplines. These teachers bring an integral, cross-disciplinary and cross-cultural perspective to the teaching of their disciplines.
Student ObjectivesUpon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the models of human personality and transformation as found in Eastern and Western spiritual traditions and modern transpersonal and transformative psychologies.
- Describe and analyze the depth psychological approach to religious experience
- Demonstrate understanding of the principles and theories of archetypal symbolism and transformation as found in mythological traditions, wisdom tales, dreams, divination systems, cultural symbols and alchemical practices
- Demonstrate understanding of traditional approaches and current research on paranormal possibilities and transcendence experiences
- Demonstrate ability to approach everyday human problems from the perspective of depth and transformative psychologies and to devise creative written and oral solutions
To complete a graduate degree in Transformational Psychology a student must complete 51 credits of coursework (17 courses) and a 3 credit thesis. Of the 17 courses at least 13 must be in the area of psychology (PSY) and 4 electives from philosophy (PSY) or religion (REL).
Read Course Descriptions for Psychology Coursework
Thesis: Student Comprehensive – MCS/MTP 701
Tuition & Fees for Students entering after October 1, 2017
- Application Fee: $75
- Tuition per Course (3 credits): $1200 ($400 per Credit Hour)
- Graduation Fee: $100
- Total Tuition (51 credits+Application Fee+Graduation Fee): $20,400
Note: Tuition does not include books, supplies, computers, or related items.
- Late Tuition Fee: $50
- Returned Check Fee: $100
- Transcript Fee: $10